Friday, April 10, 2015

Pirates

I painted a corny pirate drawing this week and recorded the process using the excellent (and free) "Open Broadcaster Software". Sped the thing up 64 times and added some music using the not-so-excellent (but free) Windows Movie Maker.

The image was drawn on my Wacom Cintiq Companion 2, using the Krita software (most excellent, dude). I started by doing a quick sketch then on to flat colors and shadows and some outlines. All on the same layer. I did it this way to practice freehand painting. It was tough and rendered me a lot of trial and error, do-and-redo, etc. Part of the outcome was pretty good and some were more like... meh...



Pirates. Resulting image.

Now, for a while I will try to keep to the Lines-Shading-Color-process for practice.

10-4 //Niklas

No comments:

Post a Comment