Monday, April 27, 2015

Catwoman

After Batman & Robin, Two-Face and Joker, the turn has come to Catwoman. This is, as far as I can remember, the first time I tried to seriously draw a woman hero/villain. A tough task in retrospect. First, I've done male characters from the Batman universe and I wanted this to have the same feel and style. How can you do that and still make this character feminine? I also really, really. didn't want to fall in the comic-book/video-game cliché trap of making all female characters into a juvenile sex fantasy. I want to be able to show my drawings to my kids. BUT, Catwoman IS originally a very sexual and sexy character, how can I do MY Catwoman without loosing the original one? I think I managed pretty well finally.


Do you like it?

10-4 //Niklas

No comments:

Post a Comment